Sunday, August 9, 2009

Twitter Connections Issue

I purchased Boxcar, a Twitter App Notification service for the iPhone, and installed it on my iPhone 3G. It was working with no problems. However, when I tried to transfer it to my iPhone 3GS, I needed to revoke Boxcar access from Twitter's Connections Settings and re-link it to the new Boxcar instance on the 3GS. Sounds easy, right?

Unfortunately, it does not work - getting the error that I have permanently blocked access to Boxcar. Now, there is no way to "unblock" or "unrevoke" a Connection. Any ideas? Tried posting a ticket to Twitter but it still has not been resolved.

Update: Resolved! Thanks to Boxcar developer. The solution is:

Try logging in with your email address (or username, if you're already
logging in with your email address).

Secondly, be sure to hit the big green 'Allow' button rather than the
blue 'Done' button on the keyboard. Twitter defaults to Deny, not
Allow. It's retarded.

No comments: